Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hungcun and Xidi villages

Hungcun

Xidi

Xidi

Hungcun

Xidi

Andrea, Emily, Sarah, and I decided to go on a tour of these two famous villages. It was the day after we hiked the Yellow Mountains so I was probably the sorest I have ever been in my life. But none the less we were excited to go. We took a bus about an hour into the mountains and came into this valley. The first village we came to, the Hungcun village, also called the city on water, is, as it sounds, surrounded by water. It was amazing. So beautiful. We were all so sore so as we walked around the village we were all grunting and crying from the pain haha. We were a pretty funny sight. After that village, we went to lunch then went to the second village. The Xidi village is known for its ancient history. Its 900 years old and is from the Ming and Qing dynasty. I personally liked this village the best because of all the history it held. We had a great time and I loved seeing all these ancient places in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment